Special Report | Bears looking at Naperville now? Team says it's considering sites other than Arlington Park
Naperville Mayor Scott Wehrli met Friday with Chicago Bears President Kevin Warren to discuss the possibility of building their new NFL stadium in Naperville.
Crime | Teen who was fatally shot in Hanover Park identifiedHanover Park police are investigating the death of a 17-year-old boy in a parking lot with "multiple injuries" Thursday night. The Cook County medical examiner's report Friday evening identified the teen as Hanover Park resident Winder Cruz.
Entertainment | 'This is the greatest hits of Warhol': Andy Warhol works get COD art museum's unique treatmentThe "WARHOL" exhibition opening Saturday at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn details the evolution of Andrew Warhola the art student into Andy Warhol the enterprising prince of Pop Art. Along with a selection of his genre-defining hits, the exhibition gives a historical guide into all things Warhol.
Prep Sports | Girls soccer: Barrington's headed back to state title game after routing LibertyvilleBarrington will be playing for the Class 3A state title for the second consecutive year.
Prep Sports | Boys volleyball: Glenbrook South pushes Glenbard West to 3 sets, but defending champs move onGlenbard West took a big step toward another state championship on Friday morning.
News | Woman killed, another driver injured in morning Bensenville crashA 59-year-old woman was killed in a two-vehicle crash in Bensenville early today that also injured a 23-year-old Chicago man.
Business | More multifamily residential buildings proposed for Des PlainesTwo more multifamily residential buildings could be coming to central Des Plaines.
News | Renovated carousel horses ready to ride at Lambs FarmThe carousel at Lambs Farm has been a family favorite for 30 years but its public opening Friday was a fresh start and special occasion.
News | Change in the air for Elgin Partnership for Early Learning as it celebrates 10th yearElgin Partnership for Early Learning will be celebrating their 10th anniversary this year and recently received 501(c)(3) nonprofit status. Its annual Learning on the Go summer program begins next week at nine neighborhood sites in Elgin and Hanover Park.
News | Schaumburg bicyclist critically injured by vehicle in Hoffman EstatesA 56-year-old Schaumburg man was critically injured Thursday night when the bicycle he was riding was struck by a vehicle in Hoffman Estates.
Crime | Bicyclist killed by hit-and-run driver in Highland ParkA female bicyclist was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver shortly after 12:30 p.m. Friday in Highland Park.
Prep Sports | Softball: Michela Barbanente, Lake Park upset '22 state champ St. Charles North to win first sectional title since 2008Tom Mazzie was initially lost for words for the briefest of moments.
Prep Sports | Softball: Warren thwarts Buffalo Grove's comeback bid, wins 2nd straight sectionalWhen Buffalo Grove found itself down 10-1 in the sixth inning in Friday's Class 4A sectional final against host Warren, the Bison gave it their best shot at imitating the Blue Devils from two days earlier.
- 8:00 AMTurkey's Erdogan takes oath of office, ushering in his third presidential term
- 7:59 AMIndia train crash kills over 280, injures 900 in one of nation's worst rail disasters
- 9:13 PMPolice: Route 31, I-88 intersection open again after crash
- 8:03 PMImages: Grayslake North, Barrington and Grayslake Central graduation ceremonies
- 6:47 PMPassenger trains derail in India, killing at least 200 and trapping many others
Recommended for You
More Suburban News Find your community
- Mount Prospect'Quite an adventure': Mount Prospect family teams with village workers to rescue ducklings
- AuroraAurora man gets 38 years in prison for 2005 beating murder
- BataviaAfter 2nd bicyclist hit, Batavia asks IDOT to speed up Route 31 safety work
- BataviaBatavia teachers union, school board reach new contract agreement
- WaukeganBond set at $5 million each for teens charged in fatal shooting of Waukegan volleyball coach
- Prep SportsSoftball: Warren thwarts Buffalo Grove's comeback bid, wins 2nd straight sectional
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Benet shuts out Crystal Lake Central, one step away from Class 2A state title
- Prep SportsSoftball: Echevarria swings new bat, sends Antioch to sectional crown
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Glenbrook South pushes Glenbard West to 3 sets, but defending champs move on
- Prep SportsSoftball: Oak Park ends Maine South's season in sectional final
- BataviaBatavia seeks new Ward 4 alderman
- LibertyvilleShuttered Gino's East in Libertyville becoming Antioch Pizza Shop franchise
- 1:00 AMTake a ride through time via The Roarin' Elgin
- 12:57 AMDeja Family Memorial Scholarship goes to Kaneland grad Abbey Mondi
- 12:56 AMEQuality Downers Grove hosts LGBTQ+ Pride events in Downers Grove for third year
- 12:56 AMBrian E. Wagner Scholarship Fund honors 2023 York and IC Catholic Prep students
- 12:55 AMWest Suburban Community Pantry serves thousands children facing hunger this summer
- 12:54 AM2023 Miss Cary-Grove crowned at Business Leadership Pageant
- 12:30 AMMary Childers named COD Outstanding Collegewide Adjunct Faculty Member
- 11:53 PMBarbara Coe named COD Outstanding Collegewide Full-Time Faculty Member
Geneva, Wheaton North, Wheaton Warrenville South, Aurora Central Catholic and Willows academy graduation ceremonies
Inside Daily Herald